Sunday, December 19, 2010

I Used To Believe In Our Government. Then I Fought In Iraq. Now I Support WikiLeaks

From Business Insider.

Veronica, a Business Insider reader, originally posted this as a comment to The Backlash Against Wikileaks Is Outrageous: What Happened To Freedom Of The Press?

I am an Iraqi war veteran (Operation Iraqi freedom, 2003) and I support WikiLeaks.
First, I did not support the war that I was obligated to partake in. Going through the events of the war (at the very beginning), there were some questionable actions. I did not like many of the things I saw or did and I often wondered how anyone could make the decisions they were making. Things were deplorable on my own conscience (still are) and I was not the one who made the judgement call.
I think the public has the right to know the truth about everything, especially how decisions are made. It is easy to be the guy in an office that is never faced with the eyes of people staring back at you or crying to you or handing you their dying children. Those are the people that decide the fates of others. Doesn't the public have a right to know the truth instead of government spun propaganda?...



Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment