Monday, February 27, 2012

Wikileaks/The Global Intelligence Files: Sam Kent & Halliburton

From Wikileaks.


I had lunch yesterday in Houston with former-Federal Judge Sam Kent (the
first Federal Judge found guilty of serious crimes in the US) and he told
me why he thinks he was prosecuted.

For those who haven't followed this, he was found guilty on perjury &
sexual misconduct. Yes, he slept with those two women, but it was
consensual. Actually, they were old affairs and long over.

What Sam said was that "isn't is strange that the Justice Department
begins sniffing around for dirt to throw at me just weeks after I ruled a
heavy case against Halliburton. Then a small set of affairs turn into an
untrue situation and then spun up into an unprecedented case against a
Federal Judge."

Of course, I told him he was nuts to rule anything against Halliburton.
I also told him that this sounds like a John Grisham plotline.

No comments:

Post a Comment